This is my recipe for vanilla horseshoe (“Vanilkové Rožky”) cookies that are not only one of my favorites but also always a hit with anyone that have ever tried them. I got asked countless times for a recipe, so I finally found time to sit down blog it and share it with the world.
- 250g butter
- 340g flour
- 70g powdered sugar
- 140g chopped nuts (I like almonds but any will do)
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- Mix everything together and put to fridge for at least 30 min to chill.
- Roll the smaller pieces of dough into a cylinder that you then cut into smaller pieces that you shape into a horseshoe.
- Bake it at 180 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
- While still hot, cover the cookies in sugar that I like to mix with additional vanilla sugar.
As you can see, this recipe is super easy, so I hope you’ll try it out and have your friends to bug you to share the secret.